Masai Mara & Serengeti
» 12 Day Migration
- Great Rift Valley viewpoint
- Kenya's Masai Mara
- Lake Nakuru Nat. Park
- Ngorongoro Crater
- Serengeti National Park
- Lake Manyara
- Daily Game Drives
- Big Five, flamingos, tree-climbing lions
$4,600 (per person sharing)
Accommodations, Meals, Tour Guide, Park Entrance Fees, Airport Pick Up & Drop Off.
Day 1: Arrive and meet at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and transfer to Panafrique Hotel.
Day 2: Depart Nairobi after breakfast at 0730 hours for Masai Mara via the Rift Valley and stop at the Great Rift Valley viewpoint. Then proceed to Masai Mara arriving in time for lunch at Mara Sentrim Tented Camp. After lunch at 1600 hours there will be an afternoon game drive to flush out wildlife such as lions, buffaloes, rhinos, leopards, and cheetahs. Dinner and overnight at Sentrime Tented Camp.
Day 3: At 0630 hours leave for an early morning game drive to flush out a variety of wildlife. Return to the lodge for breakfast. At 1030 hours proceed for a further gamne drive followed by lunch. At 1600 there is a final game drive. Dinner and overnight at Sentrime Tented Camp.
Day 4: Leave Masai Mara after breakfast at 0730 hours for Lake Nakuru National Park arriving in time for lunch at Lake Nakuru Lodge. After lunch at 1600 hours proceed for a game drive around Lake Nakuru in search of lions, cheetahs, rhino, buffaloes, and flamingoes. The flamingos at Lake Nakuru are often described as one of the World's Greatest Bird Spctacles! Dinner and overnight at Lake Nakuru Lodge.
Day 5: Leave Lake Nakuru after breakfast at 0900 hours for Amboseli, stopping by Nairobi for lunch and shopping. Arrive to Amboseli in the evening. Dinner and overnight at Sentrime Tented Camp.
Day 6: At 0630 hours proceed for a game drive to flush out wildlife with Mt Kilimanjaro in the background. Return to the lodge for breakfast followed by another game drive. At 1600 hours there will be a final game drive of the day. Dinner and overnight at Sentrime Tented Camp.
Day 7: Leave Amboseli after breakfast at 0630 hours and drive to Namanga Immigration process and a lunch stop en route. Arrive to Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge late in the evening. Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge.
Day 8: After breakfast at 0800 hours leave with picnic lunch for full game viewing and a visit to the Crater floor where you will view a variety of animal speicies and flamingos residing in the Crater. Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge.
Day 9: After breakfast, leave Ngorongoro National Park and drive to Serengeti National Park which borders Masia Mara arriving in time for lunch at Serena Lodge. At 1600 hours proceed for the afternoon game drive to flush out wildlife. Dinner and overnight at Serengeti Wildlife Lodge.
Day 10: At 0630 hours leave for the morning game drive which proves rewarding as the game is fresh and lively. Return for breakfast followed by a further game drive at 1030 hours. At 1600 hours there is a final game drive. Dinner and overnight at Serengeti Wildlife Lodge.
Day 11: Leave Serengeti after breakfast at 0800 hours and drive to Lake Manyara arriving in time for lunch at Lake Manyara Hotel. After lunch at 1600 hours proceed for the afternoon game drive in search of tree-climbing lions and many other species of animals residing in this park. Dinner and overnight at Lake Manyara Wildlife Lodge.
Day 12: After breakfast at 0630 hours leave Lake Manyara and drive back to Arusha. connecting with the 1300 hours shuttle bus. Proceed to Nairobi arriving at 1800 hours and transfer to the airport to connect with your outbound flight.
1 night accomodation at Panafrica hotel on a B/B basis, 2 nights accomodation at Sentrime Tented Camp in Mara ,1 night accommodation at Lake Nakuru Lodge, 2 nights accomodation at Sentrime Tented Camp in Amboseli, Park Entrance Fees, round trip airport transfers, transport in our 7-seater mini-van with a pop-up roof for enhanced game viewing, service of our English driver guide, return shuttle bus from Arusha to Nairobi, Crater fees at Ngorongoro, 2 nights accommodation at Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge, 2 nights accommodation at Serengeti Wildlife Lodge, 1 night accommodation at Lake Manyara Wildlife Lodge.
International flights to and from Kenya, gratuities, incidental medical services, beverages.
All prices are valid at time of publication for travel in 2012. Rates may vary due to seasonal and currency fluctuations.
Make sure you bring all of the following:
- 4 Khaki, Tan, Olive Colored Long Sleeved Shirts (Cotton)
- 3 Pairs of Comfortable Long Pants & Belt
- 2-3 Pairs of Shorts
- 1 Hat, Cap and/or Bandana
- 3 Pairs of Hiking Socks
- 1 Pair of Sneakers
- Flip Flops or Sandals (Optional)
- 1 Pair of Worn-in Hiking Boots
- 1 Light Jacket or Fleece
- 1 Warm Jacket
- Comfortable Casual Clothing
(jeans & T-shirts)
- Swim Suit / Shorts
- Cotton Socks, Underwear & Pajamas
- Toiletries and Medicine
- Sun Protection (high factor)
- Chap Stick
- Insect Repellant
- Binoculars (IMPORTANT)
- Camera & Video Camera
- Plenty of Film or memory cards & Batteries
- Good Quality Flashlight & Batteries
- International Power Adapters Note: Electrical Appliances should be set at 220 volts AC.
Africa Travel Safety Tips
Africa is no more unsafe to travel in than most other continents around the globe and even though one might never encounter any problems, it is better to be on the safe side whenever you travel to a new destination.
Here are some helpful tips...
- Do not leave your luggage unattended and keep it within sight.
- Try and avoid counting money in public.
- Southern Africa has well conditioned roads in most areas, but keep to the road signs and try not to take short cuts or lengthy detours.
- Plan your route for each day's travel the night before and leave an itinerary of such travel with someone at your hotel or lodge. Check back in with that person upon returning or when you arrive at your next destination.
- At night....stay within well lit areas and avoid following someone whom you don't know, anywhere, for any reason.
- Wallets & Cell phones should be carried on person and preferrably not in a bag.
- Try and avoid wearing excessive jewelry in public and not carrying too many cameras & electronics around.
- Be aware of where you leave purses or bags.... Do not hang them from the back of chairs, under tables, on hooks in restrooms .
- In South Africa - most of the National Roads (Interstates) are clearly marked on maps with a capitol "N" and in some cases are also Toll Roads, which are considered to be safer to travel by. Try to do all your driving in the daytime and spend evenings at your lodge, hotel or in well lit public places.
Emergency Phone Numbers
Click here for a full list of all emergency phone numbers. Print and take it with you (on person) wherever you go on your trip.
If you have any other concerns or questions, please do not hesitate contacting your Go Africa Adventures travel coordinator.
Go Africa Adventures
24-Hour Customer Care
Toll Free...1 888 3GO AFRICA (346 2374)
Office... 503-344 6311 or 503-342 6761