Terms & Conditions
The form of payment (cash, Visa/MasterCard, cashiers check, money order or wire transfer) for your $500 per person non-refundable deposit, along with a completed reservation form, is required to begin the reservation process. This enables Go Africa Adventures to begin the booking process and check on lodge availability. This deposit will be applied to your 30% initial deposit. Please note - since each safari is completely customized, it may take a minimum of 7 days to confirm your arrangements. Upon confirmation of your itinerary, 30% of your total package price will be due. This non-refundable deposit will include your initial $500 deposit. The balance of the safari price is due no later than 90 days prior to departure and is payable by cash, Visa/MasterCard, cashiers check, money order or wire transfer. Upon confirmation of your safari, a welcome package will be mailed to your residence and will contain your confirmed itinerary and additional information to prepare you for your upcoming travels.
Go Africa Adventures is a trading name of Go Africa Adventures Inc., a corporation registered with the State of Oregon. The following terms as used in these Terms and Conditions shall be considered synonymous: safari, tour, and trip or travel, all of which refer to the travel arrangements being booked with Go Africa Adventures. Additionally, the following terms: client, guest, participant, member, passenger and traveler all refer to you, as the client.
Any contract/s concluded pursuant hereto, Go Africa Adventures acts as agent only for and on behalf of the client/you in procuring the services listed in the web site and other marketing materials. We are not responsible for travel arrangements to Africa, but such accommodations can be facilitated upon request at an additional charge due at time of 30% payment for reservation. As such, Go Africa Adventures shall procure the services for and on behalf of the client as agent for it with relevant principal concerned. Go Africa Adventures shall, under no circumstances, be liable for the acts and omissions, loss, damage, accident, injury or delay caused by the relevant principal concerned.
Note: Go Africa Adventures acts as an agent only and is not liable for any losses, damage, accident, injury, delay or inconvenience caused by the principal as defined.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Placement of an order with Go Africa Adventures is taken as acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Reservations and Payments - Payment of a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $500 per person, along with a completed and signed Booking Authorization Form is required in order to confirm Go Africa Adventures developing an itinerary for client. Upon receipt of deposit and Booking Authorization Form, we will, check on availability of the client’s up coming travel or selected safari. In the event that any accommodation is not available we will substitute a comparable accommodation or adjust the itinerary if necessary without compromising the integrity of the overall safari experience. Upon acceptance of the set itinerary, a 30% deposit and signed Reservation Form is due. The initial $500 Booking Authorization deposit will be applied to this 30%. The balance of the safari price is due no later than 90 days prior to departure from country of origin. Visa, MasterCard, personal check, cashiers check, money order is accepted for your $500 per person deposit while the balance of the safari/tour price is payable by Visa/MasterCard, cashiers check, money order or wire transfer (at this time, no personal checks will be accepted). All prices are quoted in U.S. dollars and must be paid in U.S. dollars. Any differences in cost due to exchange rate fluctuations will be at the client’s expense.
2. Cancellation and Refund Policy - Cancellations are only effective upon our receipt of written notification, signed by the client 48 hours prior to deadline dates. If cancellation is made prior to 90 days before departure, your 30% per person deposit is forfeited. If your cancellation is made after the due date for full payment of your trip fare, additional charges will be levied. The scale of charges, expressed as a percentage of the trip price, is as follows:
* 90+ days notice prior to departure date - 30% Deposit forfeited and any additional airfare costs.
* 60 - 90 days notice prior to departure date - 60% forfeited of total trip cost.
* 30 - 60 days notice prior to departure date - 80% forfeited of total trip cost.
* Less than 30 days notice prior to departure date - 100% forfeited.
The client may be held liable for any additional cancellation costs that may be incurred due exchange rate fluctuations.
Should you fail to join a tour or join it after departure or leave it prior to its completion or part there of, no tour fare refund will be made. There will be no refunds from Go Africa Adventures for any unused portions of the tour. The above policy applies to all travel, accommodations or arrangements made via Go Africa Adventures. Any early arrival costs will be held at the client’s expense.
3. Bookings, Change of Arrangements, Routes and Prices -
a. “The booking” or “the reservation” refers to part or all of the travel arrangements for transportation, accommodation, sightseeing and other linked travel services made on behalf of a client with the suppliers.
b. Go Africa Adventures will strive to confirm the status of any booking in writing in a timely fashion. Where Go Africa Adventures is unable to do so, failure to provide written confirmation shall not negate the validity and/or conditions of the booking, nor will Go Africa Adventures failure to do so constitute an act of negligence or breach on its part.
c. In order to secure a provisional reservation for the services required by the client, you shall be required to pay Go Africa Adventures a non-refundable deposit of 30% (Thirty percent) of the quoted cost for the services. In the event c. of the deposit not being paid aforesaid, the provisional booking shall lapse.
d. In the event of the client wishing to amend his reservation in any way, Go Africa Adventures may elect, in its sole discretion and without obligation, to do so, to charge an amendment fee as it deems necessary.
e. The client shall be obliged to advise Go Africa Adventures in writing on the booking reservation form of any special requests, needs or facilities required by him/her due to medical needs, requirements relating to disabilities, e. special dietary requirements and refrigeration for the storage of insulin and other medically prescribed drugs, and any other requirements incidental thereto. The costs of complying with such special requests, needs or facilities shall be borne by the client and shall be payable on demand.
f. In the event of there being an unscheduled extension to the booking caused by flight delay, bad weather, strike or any other cause that is beyond the control of Go Africa Adventures, it is understood that expenses relating to such unscheduled extensions (e.g., hotel accommodation) will be held payable by client and Go Africa Adventures cannot be held liable therefore.
g. In the event that any supplier is unable to provide the service booked on your behalf, Go Africa Adventures will endeavor to offer you alternative arrangements of similar classification and in the same area, wherever possible. Should you be unwilling or unable to accept the alternative arrangements offered by Go Africa Adventures, any refunds to which you may be entitled is subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant supplier and to the terms for cancellation provided for herein. Any refund in respect of any commission paid or payable to Go Africa Adventures shall be at the sole discretion of Go Africa Adventures.
h. Although every effort is made to adhere to schedules, it should be noted that occasionally routes, lodges and camps may be changed while on safari as dictated by changing conditions. Such conditions may be brought about by seasonal rainfall on bush tracks, airfields and in game areas, by game migrations from one region to another, or airline or other booking problems, etc. Go Africa Adventures shall not be held responsible for such itinerary changes as discussed above.
i. All prices include sales tax/government tax of the country in which the travel will commence.
j. Go Africa Adventures may further in its sole discretion cancel or terminate a client’s booking for the services or any remaining part thereof in the event of any illness, or the illegal or incompatible behavior by you, or any negligence of timely payment, who shall, in those circumstances, not be entitled to any refund.
4. Insurance - It is a condition of booking that the sole responsibility lies with the client to ensure that they carry the correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover themselves, as well as any dependants and traveling companions for the duration of their tour to Africa. This insurance should include coverage in respect of, but not limited to, the following eventualities: cancellation or curtailment of the safari, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damage, theft or loss of personal baggage, money and goods. Go Africa Adventures will take no responsibility for any costs for losses incurred or suffered by the guest, or guest’s dependants or traveling companions, with regards to, but not limited to, any of the above mentioned eventualities. Guests will be charged directly by the relevant service providers for any emergency services they may require, and may find themselves in a position unable to access such services should they not be carrying the relevant insurance coverage. Travel Insurance is not required by Go Africa Adventures, but is STRONGLY recommended!
5. Medical and Health - Participation of a safari or tour to Africa requires that you be in generally good health. All guests must understand that while a high level of fitness is not required, a measure of physical activity is involved in all African safaris and tours. It is essential that persons with any medical problems and/or related dietary restrictions make them known to us well before departure. Anti-malaria precautions should be taken in certain areas, as well as yellow fever and any other potential diseases and these are the sole responsibility of the client. Go Africa Adventures will not assume responsibility for the accuracy of any medical information. You should consult your doctor for up to date requirements and personal recommendations. Go Africa Adventures does not accept any responsibility for changes in medical requirements or regulations for visas or any particular visa requirements. Should you be refused entry to any country, due to incorrect or incomplete documentation or failure to comply with that country’s medical requirements, Go Africa Adventures shall not be liable for any costs.
6. Airfares and Delays - Airfares are subject to change without notice. Go Africa Adventures is not responsible for any airline schedule or airfare changes, cancellations, overbooking or damage or loss of baggage and property. Any and all claims for any loss or injury suffered on any airline must be made directly with the airline involved. Air schedule changes may necessitate additional nights being added to your tour. These schedule changes are beyond the control of Go Africa Adventures and any resulting additional costs must be borne by the guest. Go Africa Adventures shall not be held liable for any delays or additional costs incurred as a result of airlines not running to schedule.
7. Wildlife - Please be aware that our safaris may take you into close contact with wild animals. Attacks by wild animals are rare, but no safari into the African wilderness can guarantee that this will not occur. Go Africa Adventures shall not be held responsible for any injury or incident on the safari or hunt. Nor will Go Africa Adventures be held liable for negligible actions by operators contracted. Please note that many safari lodges and camps are not fenced and that wildlife does move freely in and around these areas. Always follow the safety instructions from the lodge or camp’s staff with regards to moving to and from your tent and while on game activities throughout your safari.
8. Client Representation and Consent - The person making any booking with Go Africa Adventures, warrants that he or she has authority to enter into a contract on behalf of all other persons included in such a booking and in the event of the failure of any or all of the other persons so included to make payment, the person making the booking shall by his/her signature thereof assume personal liability of the total price of all bookings made by him/her. The payment of the deposit or any other partial payment for a reservation on a tour constitutes a consent by all guests covered by that payment to all provisions of these Terms and Conditions contained herein whether the guest has signed the booking form or not.
9. Binding Agreement - The Reservation Form and accompanying fees paid as per agreed upon, is only binding with the signatures of both client and Go Africa Adventures sales agent. Any written consent of reservation made by the client will also be held as a binding agreement.
10. Passport and Visas - You must ensure that prior to embarking on the travels your passport and visas, and those of your dependants and traveling companions are valid for the countries to be visited. Such responsibility shall also extend to vaccinations and other medical certificates, and all other travel documents, including traveler’s checks, where applicable.
11. Disclaimer of Liability - Go Africa Adventures shall not be liable to client for any claim of whatsoever nature in connection with the provision of the services and whether for damages, for personal injury or to property, howsoever arising, including, but without limiting the generality of the aforesaid:
i. Any negligent act or omission or statement by Go Africa Adventures, employees or agents;
ii. Any grossly negligent act or omission or statement by Go Africa Adventures, employees or agents; unless:
iii. Such claim arises from the willful misconduct of Go Africa Adventures, employees or agents;
iv. Go Africa Adventures receives written notice from the client no later than 7 calendar days from the event giving rise to the claim in question and, failing such notice, the client shall have no claim against Go Africa Adventures.
v. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these standard terms and conditions of contract, Go Africa Adventures shall under no circumstances whatever, be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or losses, howsoever caused or suffered by the client.
12. Child Policy - Is at the discretion of the operator and needs to be confirmed with Go Africa Adventures at the time of booking. Go Africa Adventures cannot be held liable for any changes to the operators’ child policy.
13. Severability - If any term of this contract is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void or unenforceable, the remainder of the contract terms shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected.
14. Increase in Costs - Tour costs quoted are current and are subject to change should there be any increase related to National Park Fees, lodging rates, governmental fees and taxes, internal airfare, airport taxes, visa fees, third party services or any other circumstance beyond our control. These additional costs will be at the client’s expense.
15. Entire Agreement - This contract supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or in writing, between the parties with respect to the subject of this contract. This contract contains all of the covenants and agreements between the parties with respect to the subject of this contract, and each party acknowledges that no representation, inducements, promises, or agreements have been made by or on behalf of any party except the covenants and agreements embodied in this contract. No agreement, statement, or promise not contained in this contract shall be valid or binding between the parties with respect to the subject of this contract.
Africa Travel Safety Tips
Africa is no more unsafe to travel in than most other continents around the globe and even though one might never encounter any problems, it is better to be on the safe side whenever you travel to a new destination.
Here are some helpful tips...
- Do not leave your luggage unattended and keep it within sight.
- Try and avoid counting money in public.
- Southern Africa has well conditioned roads in most areas, but keep to the road signs and try not to take short cuts or lengthy detours.
- Plan your route for each day's travel the night before and leave an itinerary of such travel with someone at your hotel or lodge. Check back in with that person upon returning or when you arrive at your next destination.
- At night....stay within well lit areas and avoid following someone whom you don't know, anywhere, for any reason.
- Wallets & Cell phones should be carried on person and preferrably not in a bag.
- Try and avoid wearing excessive jewelry in public and not carrying too many cameras & electronics around.
- Be aware of where you leave purses or bags.... Do not hang them from the back of chairs, under tables, on hooks in restrooms .
- In South Africa - most of the National Roads (Interstates) are clearly marked on maps with a capitol "N" and in some cases are also Toll Roads, which are considered to be safer to travel by. Try to do all your driving in the daytime and spend evenings at your lodge, hotel or in well lit public places.
Emergency Phone Numbers
Click here for a full list of all emergency phone numbers. Print and take it with you (on person) wherever you go on your trip.
If you have any other concerns or questions, please do not hesitate contacting your Go Africa Adventures travel coordinator.
Go Africa Adventures
24-Hour Customer Care
Toll Free...1 888 3GO AFRICA (346 2374)
Office... 503-344 6311 or 503-342 6761
Make sure you bring all of the following:
- 4 Khaki, Tan, Olive Colored Long Sleeved Shirts (Cotton)
- 3 Pairs of Comfortable Long Pants & Belt
- 2-3 Pairs of Shorts
- 1 Hat, Cap and/or Bandana
- 3 Pairs of Hiking Socks
- 1 Pair of Sneakers
- Flip Flops or Sandals (Optional)
- 1 Pair of Worn-in Hiking Boots
- 1 Light Jacket or Fleece
- 1 Warm Jacket
- Comfortable Casual Clothing
(jeans & T-shirts)
- Swim Suit / Shorts
- Cotton Socks, Underwear & Pajamas
- Toiletries and Medicine
- Sun Protection (high factor)
- Chap Stick
- Insect Repellant
- Binoculars (IMPORTANT)
- Camera & Video Camera
- Plenty of Film or memory cards & Batteries
- Good Quality Flashlight & Batteries
- International Power Adapters Note: Electrical Appliances should be set at 220 volts AC.